End-of-year fundraising is always important, and this year it has added importance with organizations needing to make up potential COVID-19 related shortfalls.
In today’s episode, Michael Johnston, founder of hjc, discusses some of the things that you should be thinking about when it comes to end-of-year giving and busts some common end-of-year fundraising myths.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Why this year is the most important year for end-of-year fundraising
- What’s great about December donors
- What you can find in the End-of-Year Fundraising Toolkit
- How to make a holiday persona
- Mapping out the holiday journey
- The myth that holiday giving is only from October to December
- How end-of-year fundraising spans the wide spectrum of society
- Bringing different fundraising channels together
- Last-minute giving
“You might want to make a holiday persona or two.”
“Don’t be afraid to make direct references, but still respect all religions and secular celebrations.”
“People hold off on their giving until the last minute.”