The new year is always a time for planning and looking ahead, and that’s true for organizations as well as individuals. Whether January marks the beginning of your fiscal year or the midpoint, creating a fundraising plan for 2020 will help you be more successful in attracting new donors and retaining existing ones.
Today, Tanya Fitzgerald, senior marketing manager at Blackbaud, joins the podcast again to talk to host Steve MacLaughlin about the key aspects to a plan that sets your organization up for success. Listen to the episode to hear what Tanya has to say about what fundraising teams should be looking at, how they should think about giving in 2020, and how technology fits into the picture.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- What metrics fundraising teams should look at to improve performance in 2020
- How to bring 2019 end-of-year donations into your 2020 plan
- Managing communications according to the donor pyramid
- Showing donors what their gifts accomplish
- The importance of consistent messaging across channels in fundraising
- Personalizing donor communications for increased engagement
- Looking ahead with donor stewardship plans
- How technology fits into the picture for 2020
The Explorer from the Blackbaud Institute
“You need to really look into those numbers and those percentages and have them to set your goals.”
“It’s so costly to obtain that first-time donor, so you’re going to want to keep them and get them turned into an annual donor.”
“I really think that transparency is important. These guys want to see inside of your organization as much as possible.”