On The sgENGAGE Podcast, we’ve talked about the importance of engaging supporters in the mission and the work that social good organizations are doing. But what’s the best way to get supporters to move beyond engagement, to connection and even taking direct action? Have we been thinking about the data wrong all along?
Today’s guest is Shana Masterson, a Principal Business Analyst at Blackbaud and peer-to-peer fundraising expert. Listen in to hear her talk with host Steve MacLaughlin about why it’s time to pay more attention to Gen X (and what will happen if you don’t), what the emerging trends are in peer-to-peer fundraising, and how new ways of fundraising are encouraging more donors to get involved.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Why it’s important to pay attention to Generation X, and the risks that organizations take by not engaging them
- Factors to consider beyond generation when reaching out to potential donors
- Emerging trends and technology in peer-to-peer fundraising
- Different ways supporters are choosing to fundraise for charitable organizations
- How to engage with independent fundraisers
- How new ways of fundraising are encouraging more donors to give in novel ways
- The emerging importance of understanding analytics for engaging peer-to-peer fundraisers
“Gen X, who has been remarkably ignored for a long period of time, is actually a group of Americans who are poised to become what we’re saying is the next big thing for philanthropy.”
“There are all sorts of behaviors that we really need to start looking at to form the picture of what are the clusters of the population that we need to look at and how can we segment them and market and communicate with them in a way that’s going to resonate most.”
“Twitch, I think the last numbers that I saw, gamers have raised over 110 million dollars for charity. Doing what they love and watching what they love and are able to actually fundraise as a result of doing things like gaming marathons and challenges around their gaming.”